We would like to create a specialized community media production Linux distribution, based on Linux Mint, but this has yet to be completed. Instead it is suggested that interested parties start with Ubuntu or Linux Mint and add on the UbuntuStudio desktop extension.
Milo for public computing
Milo is a prototype information management system designed to bring major advances to public computing administration and technical support. The Milo system currently has the following features:
- Dynamically track problems as they happen
- Automatically issue trouble tickets to administrators, with relevant contact information and system logs
- Inventory computers and labs easily and thoroughly
- Visualize computers, labs and problems on an easy to use map
- Create knowledge sharing systems for newcomers and experienced admins to share
- Multiplatform support: Linux and Windows XP
Free Software Resources
Useful open source software and shareware and associated tutorials will eventually be located in the learn section.